SMART Safety recruits only the most qualified candidates for your company. To achieve this, our team carefully reviews resumes to find the candidates that best match your requirements. We conduct all interviewing and testing to provide candidates that meet every one of your quality standards.
As you’re probably aware of, the hiring process is difficult and time consuming. Writing advertisements for job openings, posting them on the right platforms, and sifting through hundreds of resumes is indeed frustrating. Worse, the hiring, onboarding, and training process can take as long as a few months per position! We save your company months of time so that you can focus on other pressing matters.
Professional Project Safety Staffing to Meet Fluctuating Jobsite and Personnel Demands
SMART Safety provides highly qualified, skilled, and certified safety personnel to meet the fluctuating resource needs for our client’s commercial and industrial projects.
We staff for Short Term, Long Term and Full-Time positions.
SMART’s staffing team is comprised of skilled, accredited, certified and/or degreed safety professionals with extensive expertise to plan, identify and mitigate risks that help maximize workforce safety and productivity. We quickly and proficiently integrate with our clients’ operations to become a part of the team and deliver safety expertise and services that build a proactive safety culture that fosters a highly productive workforce.
We provide a “turnkey” safety staffing solution that frees your resources from all administrative issues such as recruiting, screening, interviewing, hiring, payroll, taxes and benefits.
Filling your jobsite safety staffing needs through SMART Safety allows your company to focus on its core business and bottom line.
Why Do You Need SMART Safety Staffing?
Good business owners look out for the safety of their employees. Safety should never be an afterthought or only considered for legal reasons. Employees make up the backbone of your company, and their safety matters. Having qualified safety experts onsite gives you additional reassurance that your work environment complies with safety guidelines.
SMART Safety takes care of all your safety staffing needs! Here are some of the businesses and industries that have requested our services:
- Business Services
- Cyclical Businesses
- Growth Companies
We are also highly experienced in projects including outages, shutdowns, turnarounds, new construction, Owner Controlled Insurance Programs (OCIP), and large scale industrial and demolition projects.
SMART Safety provides temporary project staffing support and safety services through our extensive network. We have offices in Baton Rouge, LA; Orlando, FL; Marietta, GA; and La Porte, TX. They serve the Gulf Coast, Florida, Southeast, and Southwest regions, respectively. You can ease the burden of hiring permanent safety staff by hiring a safety staffer. You’ll receive the high-caliber expertise you need, when you need it. Our knowledgeable professionals are handpicked by our leadership for your organization’s needs and culture.
When you select SMART Safety’s staffing service, you no longer have to worry about staffing safety experts. We take care of compensation, housing, benefits, taxes, and more. You never have to worry about any of the following hassles:
- Pre-employment drug screenings and background checks.
- Additional overhead.
- New hire orientation.
- Sick and vacation time.
- Implementing safety systems.
- Lost productivity due to absent workers. If one of our safety staff falls ill, we can quickly replace him or her.
- Lack of construction safety experience.
- Lack of knowledge of state and federal OSHA regulations.
- Lack of knowledge of Army Corp of Engineers Em381-1-1.
- Unemployment and payroll taxes.
- Worker’s compensation.
- Employee benefits expenses.
- High risk and liability. Our professionals are covered by professional liability insurance.
Training costs. We will provide our safety professionals with the right credentials to meet any requirements.
Why Should You Outsource to SMART Safety Group?
Who Are Our Professionals?
Our safety professionals support and direct your leadership and employees to understand their role in promoting safety. Our team has hundreds of hours of tactical, behavioral, and compliance experience. They rely on their wide range of experiences to continuously improve performance. At SMART Safety, we’re not satisfied with the status quo or complacency. We are never satisfied until a “safety first” mindset is entrenched in everyone. That’s why we use cutting-edge technology to generate and analyze valuable data, using this information to execute continued excellence.
The Responsibilities and Procedures for Competent Persons and Departments
Check OSHA’s website or consult with a safety consultant to understand the many competent person guidelines in place. In numerous cases, operation, inspection, maintenance and/or testing of appliances and equipment are required to be carried out by competent persons. Take a look below at some of the department and competent person responsibilities and roles.
- Ensuring that ONLY suitably trained, qualified, and experienced personnel carry out competent person duties
- Understanding the departmental operations that require an evaluation by a competent person
- Selecting an employee(s) to be the competent person(s) based upon any regulations and the employee’s skills and knowledge
- Designating an employee as competent to perform certain duties, evaluate workers and conditions, and authorize workers
- Keeping records of all training that competent persons undergo, including formal training, work experience, and assessments
Competent Person Responsibilities:
- Evaluating the performance of workers performing a particular task or operation. These include equipment operation, task performance, equipment testing, certain vehicle operation, and other operations that OSHA requires them to monitor
- Halting operations and taking immediate corrective action when they identify hazards
- Identifying areas of operation that require a competent person’s oversight
- Selecting and designating qualified competent persons
- Completing the competent person designation form
- Obeying any training or evaluation requirements that OSHA/governing bodies require for the competent person
Competent Person Procedures:
- Evaluating the work practices and behaviors of employees to determine the effectiveness of their training and safety violations
- Completing and signing equipment authorization forms when needed
OSHA has multiple standards for competent persons. They are broken up into the General Industry, Maritime, Construction, and Gear Certification categories. OSHA also notes that “there are 28 OSHA-approved State Plans, operating state-wide occupational safety and health programs. State Plans are required to have standards and enforcement programs that are at least as effective as OSHA’s and may have different or more stringent requirements.”
Competent persons have enormous responsibilities to safeguard the worksite. Improperly trained persons can spell disaster for a worksite and its employees. That’s why you must take extra care to rigorously train anyone whom you designate as a competent person. Document any and all training that competent persons undergo in case you have to prove their eligibility. Please note that OSHA 10 and 30-hour training are not enough for competent persons. They are general overview courses that don’t go into enough depth, although they are great for people starting out. Choose courses specifically designed to train competent workers in their various industries.
Hiring the right safety staff is complicated. SMART Safety takes the “complicated” out by matching you with the right professionals who will safeguard your worksite and employees. Call us today at (844) 820-8098 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to supply you with the staff your company needs today.